Hot cherry pies
I like this food item very much and hope it for all.
Nothing says summer like barbecuing, and a delicious fruit pie for dessert. These little beauties are fun because you can keep a few for yourself and brighten some one else’s day with the rest. They are surprisingly easy, especially if you use pre-made crust! I used the refrigerated kind and cut out 2 1/2 inch circles. You will need:
• dough for 2 nine inch round pies
• 2 1/2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 3 tablespoons sugar (plus more for sprinkling on top
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon almond extract
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 egg yolk for top of pies
Lightly spray the insides of 2 mini muffin tins and set aside. Then mix the egg yolk with 2 tablespoons of water to brush over the crusts before baking. Set aside also.
Combine the cherries, cornstarch, sugar, almond extract…
View original post 102 more words